If you are using a Motorola G6, you may want to know how to remove unwanted apps and games from your device. This guide will show you how to uninstall apps from the home screen of your Moto G6.
To delete apps on your Moto G6, follow this easy procedure;
- From your Motorola home screen, open your app screen.
- Locate and open your “Settings” app.
- Under “Settings,” go to “Apps & Notifications.” Here, you will find all installed apps on your Moto G6.
- Find the “See all xx apps” option if you don’t find the app you wish to delete.
- From the list, locate and select the app you want to delete.
- Tap “Uninstall.” Then, press “OK” to confirm.
However, another method is to delete apps on your Moto G6 without going into your “Settings” app. I find this a very comfortable way to delete apps on your device directly from their source. To do this;
- Open the Google Playstore app.
- Tap the “User” icon at the top right corner of the homepage.
- From the list of options, select “Manage apps & device.“
- Tap “Manage“.
- Here, you will see a list of all your installed apps. Tap whichever app you choose to delete.
- On the new page, select “Uninstall.” The app will be deleted from your Moto G6 immediately.
Alternatively, you can search for whichever app you wish to delete on your Google Playstore. Once you locate the app, you will see an option to “Uninstall” option and one to “Open” (or “Update” if there is an update available).
Why Can’t I Delete Apps On My Moto G6?
Sometimes, you might find it difficult or even impossible to delete some applications on your Moto G6. I know you are wondering why this is happening; don’t worry, I will tell you. Some apps are included with the Android™ operating system; therefore, you won’t find an option to uninstall them.
No matter how hard you try, you won’t see an option to delete the app. You might think it will be possible to delete these apps from the Google Play Store, but it is also impossible. These apps are preinstalled on the phone even before you purchase them.
Also, you might be trying to uninstall an app update, and you will notice that it keeps updating itself regularly. When this happens, it could be that the auto-update is turned on for that app, and the only way to beat that is to turn it off before uninstalling.
How Do I Stop Apps That Cannot Be Deleted?
Since you can’t delete apps included with the Android™ operating system, how can you stop them from working on your Moto G6? It’s pretty simple. Most apps usually have a “disable” option instead of an “uninstall” one.
Therefore, you can easily disable the app instead of deleting it. Disabling the app will stop its activity, and you won’t be able to receive any notification from it or even use it. Disabling an app on your Moto G6 is more like putting it to sleep for a while.
However, it would help if you were careful when disabling apps on your device. When you disable an app, it might cause other related apps to misbehave or malfunction. If you notice this, you should enable it immediately.
How To Disable an App on Moto G6
To disable an app on your Moto G6, follow the procedure below;
- Navigate to the “Settings” app from your Moto G6 Home screen.
- Go to “Apps & Notifications“.
- When you get there, open “Apps.“
- Select the app you wish to disable and open it.
- You will find an option to “Uninstall” if possible and one to “disable.” Tap “disable” to put the app in the sleep.
However, it is also possible that you don’t find an option to uninstall or even disable an application on your Moto G6. If this is the case, there is nothing that you can do. The manufacturer only tells you that the app is quite significant to your phone’s running.
Why should you delete apps on your Moto G6?
The Moto G6, released in 2018, had one of the best storage systems at that time. However, now it’s outdated – 64GB ROM storage is nothing compared to mobile phones produced today.
As users’ demands increased, the storage capacity of these devices was upgraded. If you still got your Moto G6 with you and you need more space, you can also opt for an SD card. However, getting an SD card might be a little stressful.
When the need arises, you can make room for more space by deleting some apps on your phone. These apps are no longer helpful and are just sitting on your device doing nothing; Uninstall them. If you wish to do so, follow the procedure at the beginning of this article.
How To Delete Apps From My Moto G6 Home screen?
Did you know that you can easily delete some apps on your Motorola G6 without even opening settings or Playstore? Yes, you can. And it is very easy to do. To delete apps from your home screen, follow this procedure;
- From your home screen, locate the app you wish to delete
- Long press the app and wait for some options to appear
- You will find the “Uninstall” option at the top left of the screen
- Select the option and confirm
As described above, it should not take up to a minute to successfully delete an app on your Moto G6. The fastest way to do it is by uninstalling directly from your home screen. This way, you don’t even need to open any app.
If you still have difficulty uninstalling some apps on your Moto G6, it could be a system app that can not be deleted. Whenever you come across apps like this, please don’t tamper with them. Finding a way to get rid of them might cause your phone to misbehave.