Have you been looking for a way to download movies or apps on your FireStick? I am sure you want to download certain apps but can’t find them on the Amazon App Store.
If you want to sideload your FireStick and download third-party applications, you will need the Downloader app.
The Downloader App by AFTV News is a popular sideloading app used by millions of FireStick users. Asides from Downloader, ES File Explorer is a good option for downloading 3rd party apps on your Fire TV device.
However, Downloader is a popular option used by many cord-cutters worldwide. Downloader is easy to use and is a quick way to download apps on Amazon FireStick devices, including FireTV Lite, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV 2nd & 3rd Generation, FireTV Stick 4K, and more.
Many people are not familiar with the Downloader. If you don’t know how to install Downloader on FireStick or want to learn how to use Downloader to sideload the FireStick application, you should consider reading this guide, as it will tell you everything you need to know.
ATTENTION: Hackers, ISPs, and even your government constantly snoop on your internet traffic and monitor your online activity. Therefore, you may land into trouble for accessing copyrighted content on your Fire TV Stick. We recommend getting the best FireStick VPN to shield your IP address whilst securely streaming your favorite movies, shows, and TV content.
Specifically, ExpressVPN is offering a whopping three extra months free on their yearly plan.
What is Downloader?
Downloader is a popular app for sideloading third-party apps on FireTV Stick devices. Many FireStick users are limited to using only the apps on the Amazon Store. Those who wish to download Firestick apps outside the Amazon Store can do so with Downloader.
Downloader is a versatile app with various functions and features. Apart from downloading third-party apps, this app offers other features such as a browser for surfing the net, file access, a download manager, etc.
Some cool features of the Downloader by AFTVnews app are:
- It is ad-free.
- It is free to use.
- It is responsive and can work with the FireStick remote.
- It is lightweight and won’t take up a huge chunk of your Fire TV storage.
- It can download any Android app.
- It can download pictures, songs, videos, movies, and other media files.
- It helps you access the internet.
You can use the Downloader built-in browser to visit any website, forum, or social media platform. Although this browser isn’t as robust as the Amazon Silk Browser, it can help download files and APKs from the internet.
The Browser tab allows you to visit any website with ease, and you don’t need a keyboard as the app features a built-in mouse functionality that lets you scroll and navigate the webpage without hassles. You can insert the link of any site you wish to visit or file you want to download in the URL field.
The app’s Favorites tab allows you to bookmark or save the sites or pages you frequently visit and access them with a click. The interface is friendly and easy to use. You don’t need a keyboard to use Downloader because it has a built-in mouse that helps you easily scroll and navigate the interface.
The Files tab in the Downloader app gives you a list of APK files you installed via this app. We recommend removing the APK files to preserve some storage space on your Fire TV device.
The Downloader app runs on Android OS and is compatible with Android-based TVs and FireStick devices. Also, it is completely free to use, but that’s not all. The most significant feature of this app is that it allows users to download apps without going through the stress of opening several pages.
Downloader helps to sideload apps that are unavailable in Amazon Store. Thousands of users jailbreak their FireStick devices to install third-party APKs and applications with a single click. Sideloading an app using Downloader will save you a lot of time; you only need a link or URL of the file you want to download.
This sideloading application also provides Downloader codes that help you install APK files quickly and easily. Downloader works on all streaming devices running on the Android operating system.
Some of the streaming devices using Android OS include:
- Amazon FireStick (All models).
- Fire TV, FireTV Cube, and all Fire TV models.
- Android phones and tablets.
- NVIDIA Shield (all models).
- Generic Android TV Boxes.
- Chromecast with Google TV.
- MECOOL Boxes.
- Tivo Stream 4K.
- Raspberry Pi.
- Windows PC and Mac (with Android emulator apps)
If you are using an Apple or Roku device, you can’t use Downloader because these platforms run on different operating systems, which won’t work with the Downloader app. If you want to use Downloader, you can try any of the aforementioned devices.
In this guide, I will be sharing steps on how to install Downloader on every device that runs on the Android OS.
Legal Disclaimer: This tutorial is purely educational. TechBeastz.com doesn’t own, host, stream, operate, resell, broadcast, or distribute any streaming platforms, addons, websites, apps, IPTV, or services. The page may potentially contain some unverified services, and we cannot verify whether they hold legal licenses or are authorized to distribute the content on their platform. TechBeastz.com does not verify the legality, safety, and authenticity of each app/service in all regions. We advise you to do your due diligence if you want to use any unverified streaming app or service and only stream content available in the public domain. That said, the end-user is solely responsible for the media accessed. TechBeastz doesn’t support piracy in any form and is not responsible for any issue resulting from using unverified streaming services. Using a VPN like ExpressVPN when streaming online is vital as it can reduce potential issues such as ISP logging, hacking, and data breaches.
How To Install Downloader on FireStick or Fire TV
Many Fire TV users don’t know where to download Downloader or how to install it, so it’s necessary to guide you and show you the process. We have provided some instructions below, which you must follow to install Downloader on your Fire TV device.
Regardless of your FireStick version, be it a Fire TV Cube or FireStick 4K, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Open your FireStick home screen.
- Step 2: Hover over the Find option on the menu.
- Step 3: Search.
- Step 4: Use the keyboard and type in Downloader.
- Step 5: Search for the Downloader app.
- Step 6: Select the app.
- Step 7: Click the Download button to download the app on your FireStick.
- Step 8: Give the app some time to install.
- Step 9: Click Open after the app has finished installing.
- Step 10: Return to your FireStick home screen.
- Step 11: Click Settings.
- Step 12: Select My Fire TV.
- Step 13: Choose Developer Options.
Note: In case you can’t find the Developer Options menu on your screen, check out the next section below.
- Step 14: Click on Install Unknown Apps.
- Step 15: Locate the Downloader application from the options and click it.
- Step 16: Turn on the Apps from the Unknown Sources option. Doing this will sideload your device and help you download or use apps from unknown or third-party sources.
How To Enable Developer Options on FireStick
If you didn’t see the developer option in your FireStick settings, the instructions will help you enable the feature.
1. Click the Settings icon.
2. Select My Fire TV.
3. Click About.
4. Hover over the Fire TV option.
5. Click the OK button on your FireStick remote seven times to enable the developer options.
6. When you press the back or return button on your remote, you will see the Developer Options feature on your screen.
Now that you’ve enabled the Developer Options in your FireStick settings, you can complete the Downloader installation.
How To Install Downloader on Android Smartphones and Tablets
Here’s how you can get and use the Downloader app on your Android tablet or phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Click Apps.
- Select Google Chrome or any internet browser of your choice.
- Swipe up to scroll down and click on Install Unknown Apps.
- Tap the toggle to turn on Unknown Sources from this app.
- Go back to the home screen and open the browser.
- Type https://bit.ly/42jDDIW in the search bar and enter.
- Click OK.
- Give it some time to install and click Open.
- Click on Install.
- Click Done.
- Return to the settings to find Downloader and click the toggle to enable the unknown sources option.
- Open the Downloader app.
- You will see an on-screen prompt. Click Allow.
You can sideload apps on your Android tablet or smartphone with Downloader by completing these steps.
How To Install Downloader on Android TV
You can also install Downloader on Android TV if you use one. This procedure works with all Android TVs, including MECOOL Boxes, Mi Boxes, NVIDIA Shield, Dynalink, and Tivo Stream 4L.
Follow these steps:
1. Go to the home screen.
2. Find the Google Play Store app and open it.
3. Click the Search icon.
4. Type “Downloader” and enter.
5. Select the Downloader by AFTVnews app.
6. Click the Install button.
7. Return to the home screen after the app is installed.
8. Click Settings.
9. Scroll down and select Device Preferences.
10. Click Security & Restrictions.
11. Click Unknown Sources.
12. Find the Downloader app option and click it.
13. At this point, you have enabled the Downloader app to sideload apps on your device.
How To Install Downloader on Stock Android
It is crucial to inform you that devices running on Stock Android OS have a different method for sideloading apps.
First, you need a browser such as Google Chrome or any web browser that allows for downloading files and apps.
If you own or use a generic Android TV Box such as Beelink GT-King, T95q, X96 Max, or other boxes, you must follow the steps below to install Downloader.
1. Go to your Android TV Box Settings.
2. Click on Security & Restrictions.
3. Choose Unknown Sources.
4. Select Google Chrome or the browser you are using to enable the installation of unknown applications. As a rule of thumb, you also want to make sure your FileBrowser is allowed.
5. Open the web browser.
6. Click the Search bar.
7. Enter the URL – “https://bit.ly/42jDDIW” and Enter.
8. Click on Continue after seeing the on-screen prompt that requests storage access for your browser to download files.
9. Select Allow.
10. Click on Download.
11. When the file is finished downloading, you will receive a message saying, “Downloader APK downloaded.” Return to your home screen after seeing this message.
12. Choose FileBrowser or your default file manager app.
13. Click Local Disk.
14. Find the Download folder and open it.
15. Click the Downloader APK file you recently downloaded.
16. Click Install.
17. Click Done.
18. Now, return to your home screen and click Settings.
19. Click the Security & Restrictions option.
20. Click Unknown Sources.
21. Find Downloader and click it to enable the installation of unknown applications on your device.
Following these steps will allow Downloader to sideload apps on your Stock Android device.
How To Install Downloader on Chromecast With Google TV Device
If you are one of those using the Chromecast with a Google TV device, follow the steps below to install Downloader.
1. Go to the main menu.
2. Click on Apps.
3. Click Search for Apps.
4. Click the search bar, enter the word “Downloader“, and hit the search icon.
5. Select Downloader by AFTVnews under Apps.
6. Click on Install.
7. Return to the home screen after installing the app.
8. Click on Settings.
9. Select System.
10. Click About.
11. Click Android TV OS build seven consecutive times.
12. After clicking it seven times, you will see the message saying, “You are now a Developer“.
13. Click the back button on your remote till you return to the Settings page.
14. Click Apps.
15. Select Security & Restrictions.
16. Choose Unknown Sources.
17. Enable the Unknown sources option for the Downloader application.
Following these steps will enable you to sideload any Chromecast application with Google TV.
How to Access Downloader on FireStick
If you cannot locate the Downloader app on your Fire TV home screen, don’t worry. If you use the app more frequently, creating a shortcut or moving it to your home screen will help.
You can locate Downloader from the Your Apps & Channels area, which shows a list of all applications installed on your FireStick device.
Here’s how to access Downloader on your Fire TV Stick device:
1. Click the app button on your FireStick remote or click the icon on your home screen.
2. Scroll down till you find the Downloader app and select it.
How To Download Apps On FireStick and Fire TV Using Downloader
It’s one thing to have Downloader on your device, and it’s another thing to know how to use it. If you are using Downloader for the first time, you need to be guided on how to use it.
Some users face issues accessing the recently installed apps folder, preventing them from installing the downloaded APK files. If you are experiencing this challenge, navigate to the Your Apps & Channels menu and click on See All to find all installed applications.
In this section, I will show you how to download third-party apps and files on FireStick with Downloader. To download apps using Downloader, turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources option in your Firestick settings. This is because, by default, FireStick doesn’t allow users to download apps or files from the internet.
Here’s how to enable the Apps from Unknown Source option on FireStick:
- Click on Settings from your FireStick home screen.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Click on Developer Options.
- Scroll down until you get to the Apps From Unknown Sources option, and click it.
- You will see a warning message. Ignore the message and proceed by clicking the Turn on or Enable button.
Voila! That’s how you enable apps from unknown sources on Fire TV Stick. By enabling this feature, you can easily download any app or file from the internet. I am sure you have lots of third-party streaming apps you want to download to watch free movies on FireStick.
That’s not all. I will show you how to use Downloader by AFTVnews to download any app on FireStick. In this guide, I will show you install Cinema HD on FireStick. Cinema HD is a third-party app that provides free news, movies, sports, entertainment, and live TV channels.
All you have to do is follow the steps below to sideload any app on FireStick.
Go to Your Apps & Channels to find and launch the Downloader app. If you are opening the app for the first time, you will be made to allow permission for it to access your photos, files, and media content. Click the Allow button when you see the prompt.
As a new user, you will see a quick tour guide showing you how to use the Downloader app. You can follow the tutorial by clicking the OK button.
When you get to the Downloader home screen, you will see a box and a list of options in the left-hand menu. Navigate to the box and click the Select button to open the virtual keyboard. You will enter the URL of the file or app you want to dowcorrectlynce we are downloading the Cinema HD app, enter this URL – https://bit.ly/34uGNOt and press the Go button.
Once you click the Go button, the file or app you want to download will start downloading. If you entered the wrong URL, you may face errors and have issues downloading it, but if the URL is correct, the system will connect to the server and initiate the downloading process.
You will wait for a while, depending on your internet speed. After downloading the app, an installation window will appear on your screen. Click the Install button to start the app installation. It takes only a few seconds to install apps. Once the app has been installed, click Done.
After that, the Downloader app will present three options for you. Click the Delete button to remove the APK file and save some space in your FireStick storage. Click the Delete button again for confirmation.
By deleting the APK files of the apps you download, you will not run out of storage quickly. Additionally, it can prevent your FireStick from overheating or taking time to load applications.
While this setting is disabled by default, it is highly recommended to change this, but this is optional.
- Launch the Downloader app.
- Select Settings from the options in the left menu.
How To Download Kodi on Amazon FireStick
Follow the steps below to install the Kodi app on your FireStick device:
- Step 1: Go to your FireStick home screen.
- Step 2: Click the Settings option.
- Step 3: When you get to the Settings page, find and select Device.
- Step 4: Click on Developer Options.
- Step 5: Ensure the Apps from Unknown Sources option is enabled.
- Step 6: Launch the Downloader app and enter this URL: http://www.kodi.tv/download in the URL field.
- Step 7: Select the Android app icon.
- Step 8: The 32-bit option is recommended, but you can select anyone you want.
- Step 9: Click the Install button.
- Step 10: After installing the app, feel free to customize it to your preferences.
How To Protect Yourself When Using Downloader On Your FireStick
With Downloader installed on your Fire TV device, you would like to stream TV shows and download and watch movies and sports games. But doing this is likely to get you in legal trouble. To avoid this, it is important to get a VPN that will keep your FireStick streaming activity anonymous. Ideally, you want a VPN that protects your device, shields your real IP address, bypasses geo-restrictions, and unblocks streaming content.
Your web traffic and internet activity can be tracked through your IP address. However, using a premium VPN service shields your device and prevents people from snooping on your online activity. Don’t use a free VPN for this because you won’t enjoy the service it will provide. If you are looking for the best VPN provider for FireStick,
I highly recommend ExpressVPN. Most third-party apps downloaded using the Downloader app aren’t verified, so you need to be cautious while using this app. If you are using Downloader to download free streaming apps, you must install a VPN like ExpressVPN to protect your online activity.
Personally, I use ExpressVPN, and I can tell you it’s one of the fastest, most secure, and most reliable VPN services to use. We do not support the violation of copyright laws. If you are using a VPN, ensure you use it for the right purpose, like protecting your device and internet activity.
When you pay for an ExpressVPN subscription, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee, which allows you to use the VPN service for free within the first 30 days of the subscription, and if you don’t like using the VPN, you can request a full refund.
Most people request a refund when dissatisfied with the performance or service they purchased, but this is highly unlikely with ExpressVPN, as they have a high-quality service.
Follow the steps below to install ExpressVPN on Firestick:
1. Ensure you have an ExpressVPN subscription; click here if you are yet to subscribe.
2. Launch your FireStick.
3. Click on Find from the home screen and select the Search option.
4. Search for ExpressVPN.
5. Select the ExpressVPN app from the search results.
6. Click the Get or Download button to install the ExpressVPN app on your Fire TV device.
7. Once the app is installed, launch it.
8. Enter your ExpressVPN login credentials and click the Sign In button to access the interface.
9. Click the power button to connect to your chosen VPN server.
What To Do If You Can’t Find The Downloader App On Amazon App Store
The Downloader by AFTVnews app may be unavailable in certain regions. If you couldn’t find or download the Downloader app on the official FireStick app store, it’s certain the app isn’t available in your country.
You can fix this by deregistering your current Amazon account and signing in using a universal Amazon.com account. Hence, you must create a new Amazon account with a new email address you haven’t used on your FireStick before.
As a rule of thumb, you want to ensure your region is set as the USA while creating a new account. Deregistering an Amazon account could be a pain for users using their devices for a long time. This is because deregistering their accounts will wipe their entire data, including apps, files, history, and others. However, it won’t be a big deal for new FireStick users.
Here’s how to register or deregister your Amazon account:
1 Open your FireStick Settings.
2 Click on Account & Profile Settings. You will find two options after clicking this option. If you are yet to link your FireStick device to your Amazon account, you will see the option to Register. Select the Register option and sign in using your Amazon.com account. On the other hand, if you have registered your Fire TV Stick device to your Amazon.com account, the name or info of associated with the Amazon account will appear on the screen. Select the account name and click the Deregister option. This will sign you out from the current account and allow you to sign in with a different account.
Downloader Vs. ES File Explorer: Which Is Better?
Downloader and ES File Explorer are commonly used for sideloading apps on FireStick. Several people use Downloader because it is easy to use and comes with extra features such as a built-in web browser, Download Manager, and more.
Moreover, Downloader is a great option for people who don’t have money to spend on a premium sideloading app.
On the other hand, ES File Explorer provides more features than Downloader and is arguably the best application for sideloading third-party Firestick apps. ES File Explorer has an edge over Downloader because of its robust features, such as Download Manager, File Manager, Windows Sharing, FTP Share, and more.
ES File Explorer is a file manager app capable of sideloading 3rd party apps. By default, FireStick doesn’t have a file manager app, so ES File Explorer is the go-to option for those who want a file manager app to delete or organize their files.
However, ES File Explorer is a premium app with a free version, but this version doesn’t offer Download Manager or sideloading features.
See the table below for a comparison between the Downloader and ES File Manager apps.
|ES FILE MANAGER
|App Cache Cleaner
|Easy To Use
|Default Video Player
|Free To Use
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Downloader by AFTVnews?
Downloader is a tool used for sideloading and downloading mostly third-party apps not found in the Amazon App Store. As the name implies, Downloader helps you download any media from the internet on your FireStick devices.
The app features a built-in web browser that you can use to visit any website or download any file. Once you enter the link of the file in the URL field, the file will start downloading. You can use this app to download and install many apps, songs, movies, and videos.
Is Downloader Free to Use?
Downloader is completely free to use on any device, including Android TVs, Android Boxes, Chromecast, NVIDIA Shield, Fire TV Cube, and FireStick 4K devices. This app was created for users to download third-party apps and files from the internet.
Can I Use Downloader on FireStick?
Downloader is available on all FireStick models. The Downloader app is compatible with Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Edition, Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick 4K devices.
Is Downloader Legal?
Downloader is legal, and you are free to use the app without restrictions. However, ensure you aren’t breaking copyright laws or infringing on someone else’s intellectual property with this app.
Your ISP can issue a strike on your internet account and you can get in legal trouble trying to access or stream content that is unavailable in your region.
Is Downloader Safe?
Downloader is legal and safe to use. The safety of your device and data depends on the apps or websites you have access to through this app.
Although the app won’t steal your data and information, you are always advised to use a VPN if you intend to download or stream movies on your FireStick device.
Using a VPN will help you stay anonymous while giving you a private, optimal streaming experience. A VPN will safeguard your internet activity from your ISP and government, who are keen to know what you are doing on the internet.
What Is The Best App for Sideloading FireStick Apps?
Downloader is a popular sideloading app on FireStick, but if you want a sideloading app with extra features, you should try ES File Explorer.
You must purchase the pro or premium version of ES File Explorer if you want to use it to sideload applications. Other than that, Downloader is free to use and won’t cost you a dime.
Downloader remains the best option for people who don’t want to spend money sideloading apps on FireStick. It’s highly useful as it features a built-in web browser and is used for downloading third-party apps.
Remember to use a VPN to protect your online privacy, as some third-party apps may steal sensitive information such as your login credentials, credit card details, etc. We recommend ExpressVPN due to its top-notch security and encryption.
We hope you found this article helpful in learning how to install Downloader on FireStick.